Sunday, December 22, 2013

PLN Blogging Challenge

Dwight Carter, a Wittenberg University friend who is now an integral part of my PLN, gave me homework. He challenged me to share 11 random facts about myself and to answer 11 questions. Then I had to create 11 my own questions and challenge 11 other bloggers.

Dwight is a 2013 Digital Principal of the Year, so I had to do this assignment.

11 Random Facts About Me

  1. Nine people are living in our house right now. Besides me: My wife, my daughter, my stepson, two step-daughters, my stepdaughter’s daughter, fiancée, and his son.
  2. As a freshman in high school, I stood 5’2” (I’m now 6’4”) . I also wore glasses, had braces and didn’t weigh more than 98 pounds.
  3. Speaking of high school, my high school is one of the oldest in America (founded in 1744).
  4. As a child, I loved chocolate mousse, but I can't tell you the last time I've eaten it.
  5. With one exception, for every job I've interviewed for I've been offered a position. 
  6. I attended two colleges (Springfield College and Wittenberg University). The first time I saw either was when I stepped foot on them for student orientation. 
  7. I've never been to a live music concert. 
  8. I've never smoked a cigarette. 
  9. I hate dancing. 
  10. I've lived in Virginia since 1994, but I don't get the UVA vs Virginia Tech debate. University of Maryland is better than both of them.
  11. I'm such a bad singer that even my wife is embarrassed when I try to sing in church.
My Responses to Dwight's Questions
  1. What’s the best book you’ve read in the last year?  Leverage Leadership by Paul Bambrick-Santoyo and Doug Lemov
  2. What person in history would you want to have dinner with? Jackie Robinson
  3. What’s the one thing you care about the most? Family
  4. Who is your all time favorite cartoon character? By default, Bart Simpson. I was only allowed 30 minutes of tv as a child, so I watched few cartoons. 
  5. What was your favorite extracurricular activity in high school? Basketball 
  6. Growing up, were you a nerd, jock, teacher’s pet, loner, or extravert? Yes to all except “extravert.” Until high school, I was a definite “nerd” without the accompanying GPA. I loved sports, but never excelled. Until my junior year of high school, I was extremely introverted.
  7. What’s your dream vacation? Family vacation to Costa Rica. 
  8. What’s one thing you would invent that would positively change lives? An app for parents with all of the answers to every question, scenario and dilemma 
  9. If you weren’t an educator, what would do for a living? I’d probably be in sports management (when I entered college, I was a sports management major). 
  10. If you were to give a TED Talk, what would be your topic? Finding your passion
  11. What's your one sentence? I've helped people fulfill their dreams by recognizing what they're capable of. 
11 Bloggers I'm Challenging

  1. Phil Griffins
  2. Joe Mazza
  3. Mike McNeff
  4. Bill Burkhead
  5. Travis Burns
  6. Wade Whitehead
  7. Kay Conners
  8. Jared Wastler
  9. Chris Wooleyhand
  10. Joe Clark 
  11. Don Miller  
My 11 Questions for You
  1. If you could redo one thing in your life, what would it be?
  2. What magical/super power would you choose and why?
  3. If your life was turned into a movie, who would play you?
  4. If you could be anyone else in the world, who would it be and why?
  5. Which do you choose: milkshake, ice cream sundae, or ice cream cone.
  6. What are you most proud of?
  7. Who most influenced you?
  8. Your house is on fire and you’re family, including pets, have made it out. What is the one thing you save?
  9. Would you rather go 50 years into the past or go 50 years into the future?
  10. What was the best part about your senior year of high school?
  11. Why did you start blogging?

No comments: